Monday 14 March 2011

I've said it all before, but...

...I seriously have the most amazing boyfriend!! I'm pretty sure when I tell him that though, it has no effect on him.... he's probably like "Did you only just work this out? I've known like, forever." It won't stop me from telling him though. :-P The more I know about him, the more I fall in love. He's so unlike anyone I've ever been out with - he's driven, he's passionate, he's funny, he's outspoken, he's sensitive (but shhh, don't tell anyone!) and he's thoughtful. When I'm having a crappy day, just seeing him makes me feel better. He has helped me realise that some people just aren't worth all the time I give them and I've stopped being such a pushover when it comes to helping people.

He's restored my faith in love and he's teaching me that I can let someone in emotionally without worrying that I'm going to get hurt. He's teaching me that it's okay to ask him for help - I don't have to try to do it all on my own. He's taught me that I should look forward to the future - plan stuff and make it happen, not just live for here and now. He's showed me what it's like to be loved and to be treated right for once. He's showed me what it feels like to be truly happy.

I'm not worried about what the future may hold anymore, I'm eagerly awaiting it. The kids and I couldn't be happier at the moment, and I'm excited to see what could be just around the corner. It's even more exciting to think that this is a journey I don't have to do on my own anymore, I have someone incredible to venture along with me and that's makes it all the more worthwhile. I can see myself settling down and being incredibly happy with Matt and the kids..... but I don't want to jinx anything. So I'm looking toward our future together. At times I still have a wall up around me, out of fear of getting hurt again, but slowly it's coming down, brick by brick. :-)

I love you, Matt <3

1 comment:

  1. Jess, aunty sue-ellen here it is true you know i have been with shane for 21 years and my family didnt like him at first because he is straight forward and tells you straight to your face. And i really love him for that and my {our family} really do lve him now because they know that we were going to work out and that i do really love him. He is my best friend and when im having a bad day he comes and gives me a hug and tells me not to worry about anything and matt will do the same too, you just never know you and him might just get married too and if our family dont like him who cares you have to live with him not us or them as long he dont hurt you or the kids thats all that matters right jess. so love is a wonderful thing and so is marriage we all have ups and downs every-one does thats only normal so aunty sue-ellen is really happy for you and the kids and i would really l;ove matt so you tell him aunty sue-ellen would love to meet him and i would reaaly love him. love you jess, love you all . love aunty sue-ellen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete