Wednesday 2 March 2011

On the road to skinny-er.

I don't want to look like a stick insect, but i sure would like to look a little less frumpy than i do right now. I still want to have curves, but less flab. I've come to realise there are some saggy bits that i prolly will never get rid of, but i can surely try to make them a little less horrific lol. I feel so much better now i'm getting my butt into gear and doing something. It's been years since i've been to the gym or done anything more than just walking in the afternoons. Hopefully all this effort will pay off and i'll see my chunky bits disappearing :-)

I'm joining the gym in the not too distant future, walking a couple of laps around the park with a friend (approx 3.2km each lap), walking with my other friend in the afternoons and Zumba 2 nights a week. I may just start to like all this exercising..... now to keep it up and get that weight off. I'd idealistically like to lost at least 20kgs (maybe 30 if i can push it), but it's gonna take a shitload of hard work. Now to knuckle down and get it done. *sigh* It's great being able to do it with friends tho, we can push each other and keep each other from slackening off.

For now tho, my body hurts. After doing my first session of Zumba last nite, and another one tonite (but a bit more full on), i'm definitely feeling it. My back, tummy and legs hurt. It's a good pain tho, i know i will appreciate it if the scales tell me i'm losing those kgs. So far i am already 16kgs down from when i was pregnant with Xavier, 8kgs less than my pre-pregnancy (with Xavier) weight, and about 5kgs heavier than my pre-preg weight with Kailee. It's been a couple of years (when i was going to the gym for 12mths) since i got down into the 80-something kilos. So here's hoping to get get back down to that and even get into the 70's. It's a good plan for now anyway. Baby steps tho.... maybe i'll start with losing 5kgs to begin with :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment