Sunday 24 July 2011

How did I get here?

No, i'm not about to start a "birds and the bees" lesson. Thank heavens, i hear you all saying. At the beginning of this year i thought my life was perfect, i had 2 amazing kids and i was happily single. I really had no desire to meet anyone who would interrupt our little family environment. Any guy who expressed an interest in a relationship was swiftly turned down, i just wasn't ready and didn't want anything more than a friendship. I don't know What changed the day i started talking to Matt though. I'd already told my friend who introduced us that i definitely didn't want a relationship so everyone knew where i stood in my opinion of meeting a potential new boyfriend. The more texts were sent between Matt and i, the more i could subconsciously see my guard coming down, though ever so slowly. I felt surprisingly relaxed about meeting him in person after texting one another for a week or more. I'll never forget the minute i opened the door and saw him standing there. My heart did backflips. His photos i'd seen just didn't do him justice. He was (and still is) HOT!! I remember just looking at him while we Chatted and thinking "this guy is way too amazing to want to be with me". Not only was He sexy but He was down to earth and made me laugh. When He went home i knew it'd never become of anything, i have alot of baggage to bring to a relationship - 2 kids and a scarred heart from being broken more than once. Boy was i surprised when He messaged me right after He left and said He was more than keen for something more between us. I could've died. It seemed the whole idea of wanting to stay single was well and truly thrown out the window. He was all i could think about, screw being single, i wanted to be with him.

Fast forward 6mths and i couldn't be any happier. I have the most incredible man in my life who i love more and more Each day. He's amazing with the kids and they love him to bits. I can't imagine my life without him and while i didn't think i'd meet anyone who'd rock my world, He proved me wrong! I'm forever grateful to that one special friend who took the chance on introducing us even when i was so against the idea. I still need to pinch myself somedays to be sure I'm not living some fantastic dream. Now we have so much to look forward to together. The possibilities are endless, we'll drive Each other crazy and look back one day on these times we struggled to hold it together and smile cuz it all worked out. I hate being apart so much but i know soon enough we'll be back living in the same town. We'll only come away from these tough times and be more in love and stronger than ever. So here's to the days when i can't escape his snoring, and have an extra person to run around after. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment