Wednesday 3 August 2011

Schedule me a hysterectomy!

It's times like these that being a woman seriously sucks. As a child i used to pray that i could be a guy, so i wouldn't need to go through things like periods and childbirth. Now i've survived both and crazily enough would happily do the childbirth thing again.... there's a tremendous reward at the end. It's kinda worth it. Now periods are another thing - other than your body screaming out "you're not pregnant"... i really don't see the point. They're evil!! So this is my vent about them - if u don't want to continue reading, here's your chance to escape and run fast. Otherwise brace yourself and ladies, prepare to nod your head in agreement since you know exactly what i mean.

Before i had my kids i used to suffer the worst cramps and pains - so bad i would take a day or 2 off school every month because i just couldn't concentrate or get comfortable. After i had my daughter Kailee, the cramping and pains didn't come back. I was so happy.... Then i had my son and breastfed for 18mths and didn't once get a period that whole time. Until of course he weaned and slowly but surely each month starting with a little more cramping, a little more pain. Then this month *WHAM!* full blown pain. My stomach was hurting so bad i seriously wanted to die. Even to the point that i messaged Matt and told him to shoot me. ;-) It was worth a shot. I was nearly in tears laying on the couch, no matter how i lay there or rolled over the pain was getting worse. I can't remember the last time my stomach hurt so bad or my back cramped - oh wait, maybe labour with Kailee. Today hasn't been as bad, but the sore back and stomach is still there. At this point as much as i'd love more kids, if someone offered me a hysterectomy right now, i'd be in like Flynn (i'd do it!).

Now within a couple of days, it'll all be over and i'll brace myself for next month (oh joy... not!). Surprisingly, Matt was a lot more sympathetic than i thought he would be. No wonder i love that man. As hard as he can be sometimes, when i really need him to say something comforting, he does. I know I can rely on him. Even though he's 250+kms away, he makes me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment