Tuesday 2 August 2011

Babies, babies everywhere!

So I'm finally stepping outta the closet and admitting it - I'm getting a tad bit clucky with all these babies appearing everywhere. I must know at least 10 pregnant friends or family atm, Its crazy! I always said i was happy with my 2 kids and didn't want anymore unless of course i met an amazing guy that didn't have any of his own. Well i met Matt and He definitely fits the amazing category, and He's yet to have his own child/ren. Whilst there's not gonna be any litte Matt's or Jess's running around anytime soon, i can't help but look at these cute newborns and miss my kids being that little. I miss the newborn smell, the soft skin of a tiny baby and the innocence and delicateness of them. Xavier is now approaching the terrible 2s and driving me crazy. Somedays i wish He was back to that baby stage when He was so intrigued by bright colours and just lay there looking around. Now He's getting into everything. He can't sit still or stop eating for two minutes. All these baby clothes and gorgeous baby bellies around, i feel a little envious. A few things i DON'T miss though are the sleepless nights, leaking boobs and the constant dirty nappies. But the good far outweighs the bad. Even if they cost a fortune and stress any normal person out beyond belief. Although more kids for us is still a litte way off our agenda, part of me can't wait while another part wants to wait longer still. I'm looking forward to the day when i finally have my partner by my side to experience it all with me. Matt will make the most fantastic dad when the time comes. He's already great with my 2. He's a natural at this parenting thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment